2 Day Luxury Desert Trip from Marrakech to Merzouga
The kingdom of Morocco is a great country famous for its wonderful Ergs, vast sand seas formed by wind-blown sand. There are only two Ergs in the whole kingdom; Erg Chebbi, known as Merzouga, and Erg Chigaga, located near M’hamid. The fabulous dunes of Erg Chebbi may reach a height of 150 meters and the dunes stretching about 50 kilometers from north to south. Erg Chebbi is proximity to the Algerian border as it covers an area of 5–10 kilometers from east to west. Around 60 kilometers further north, Erfoud is the nearest major city to Merzouga. From the 8th to the 14th century, the area between the city of Rissani and Merzouga was prosperous, since it had been used as caravan routes controlled by a separate kingdom, known as Sijilmassa.
Tour Itinerary: 2 Day Luxury Desert Trip from Marrakech to Merzouga
Day 1 Marrakech - High Atlas - Ouarzazate - Dades Valley - Merzouga Desert
Our professional driver will pick you up from your hotel to depart from Marrakech. The first destination on our 2-Day Luxury Desert Trip from Marrakech to Merzouga will be Ait Benhaddou passing through the High Atlas Mountain via the Tizi N’tichka route, at an altitude of 2260 m. After visiting the famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, we will enjoy a tasty meal in a local restaurant. Later on, we head for Ouarzazate with a brief stop near the Atlas Film studios to take great photos, and then we go downtown to admire the dramatic views of Kalaa M’gouna, the Kasbah of Taourirt, Dades valley, and Boumalne du Dades. After that, we will drive to Todra gorges across Tineghir via a scenic route crammed with ancient villages and stunning landscapes, with the possibility for photo opportunities. After enjoying the wonderful scenery of Canyons, we make our way to our hotel passing through Tinejdad and Erfoud. In the afternoon, we go trekking by camels through the majestic dunes of Erg Chebbi. Along the way to our Berber camp, you will appreciate the outstanding natural beauty. In the camp, you will enjoy a warm dinner and share a cup of mint tea with nomads before retiring to your luxury tents.
Day 2 Merzouga Desert - Ouarzazate - Marrakech
Catching the scenery of the stunning sunrise over the captivating dunes will be a lifetime experience. After these memorable moments, we will have breakfast, and then riding our camels to reach Auberge where to start our drive back to Marrakesh. We will make some stops to enjoy lunch and admire the beautiful landscapes. In the late afternoon, we arrive at Marrakesh and drop you off at your hotel, thus our 2-Day Desert Trip from Marrakech to Merzouga will be concluded.
- Free airport transfer to your hotel in Marrakech.
- Private transfer by luxury vehicle air conditioned.
- English speaking driver/guide during the tour.
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation.
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah with Guide.
- Visit Cinema Studio in Ouarzazate.
- Overnight in luxury desert camp at Erg Chebbi with Private tent
- Breakfast and dinner during your tour.
- Camel trekking with sunset and sunrise
- Private bathroom in your tent (hot shower & toilet)
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt Kasbah ...Etc.
- The number of persons in your group : the more participants there are, the cheaper it gets for everyone.
- The dates of the tour : the exact or approximate dates
Notice: For pricing or more Details, please Feel free to contact us by email and don’t forget to tell us about :