4 Day Desert Trips from Marrakech to Merzouga
Only 123 € Book Now
In This Morocco desert tour from Marrakech you will spend two nights in desert in two different cities, Zagora and Merzouga, one night in Dades gorges and four days exploring the magic that can be found only in Morocco by visiting the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou which is known as the UNESCO World Heritage site, going to the Moroccan Hollywood Ouarzazate, crossing the Tizi-n-Tichka pass through the high atlas mountains and trekking on camels until you reach your desert camp. You will feel more comfortable traveling with a tour group seeing all the sights without worrying about most safety issues.
Tour Itinerary: 4 Day Desert Trips from Marrakech to Merzouga
Day 1 marrakech – ait ben haddou kasbah – ouarzazate – draa valley – zagora
On the first day of the tour, our driver will pick you up from your hotel at 8:00 AM by an air-conditioned vehicle to go directly to Ait Benhaddou Kasbah crossing the High Atlas Mountains. Then, we will visit the Hollywood of Africa Ouarzazate where many famous movies like “Son of God” were shot. Later on, we will pass through Draa valley to reach Zagora where you will ride camels that will transport you to your Berber desert camp where you will enjoy a warm Berber dinner around the campfire, listen to the Berber playing local drum music and spend the night in desert, you have the option to either spend it in private bivouacs or under the star in Sahara.
Day 2 zagora – ouarzazate – dades valley
In the morning of next day, you will have breakfast in the camp, enjoy the sunrise in desert and return back to Zagora by riding camels again. Our journey will continue to Ouarzazate, the Gateway to the real Desert, for taking a break for lunch and to change vehicles for the rest of the tour. Afterwards, we will cross the Valley of Roses and some of winding roads to reach Dades Valley. In Dades gorges, you will have dinner and spend the night in hotel with private rooms.
Day 3 dades valley -todra gorge – erg chebbi dunes
After having breakfast in hotel, we will head straight to Todra Gorge to enjoy its natural beauty and to have lunch as well before visiting Rissani. Then, we will make our way to Merzouga where we will camel trek through the dunes of Erg Chebbi to a Berber camp for another traditional Berber night of entertainment with locals before sleeping in our tents. Dinner will be in the camp.
Day 4 merzouga – draa valley – ouarzazate – marrakech
On the last day, you will trek back to the hotel in Merzouga for having breakfast and taking a small break before heading back to Marrakech via Draa Valley, Ouarzazate and the High Atlas Mountains. We will be in Marrakech around 7:00 PM and we will drop you off in your hotel to end the 4 days desert trip from Marrakech.
- Modern transfer by comfortable air conditioned vehicle (Maximum of 16 passengers).
- English speaking driver during the tour.
- Pick up & Drop off at your Marrakech accommodation.
- Visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbah.
- Spending one night in nomad desert camp in Zagora Dunes with Shared tents (Possibility to upgrade).
- Spending one night in Hotel at Dades Gorges with Shared room (Possibility to upgrade).
- Spending one night in nomad desert camp in Merzouga Dunes with Shared tents (Possibility to upgrade).
- Breakfasts and dinners during your tour.
- Camel Trekking.
- Entertainment with local
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Benhaddou, Cinema Sets, Taourirt kasbah... Etc.
What’s not Included
- Beverages & Lunch expenses.
- Local guide in Ait Benhaddou Kasbah (2 Euros per person – Optional).
- Personal expenses.